Sunday, September 6, 2009

So That Isn't Life.



Twenty years ago, the only choice i knew was to live life like it was an obligation regardless of whether or not i understood what the heaven it meant. I just knew not to ask. I did what i was expected to do and i was expected to finish what i did. Never questioned, never strayed.


Ironically that difficult life made me what i am today and without force, i am humbly gratified.


But twenty years later - to someone else whose blood inescapably relates to mine - life is seemingly a matter of 'un-choosing' choices he once made, like it is as legal as hitting on his Backspace key, like his life owes nobody.


I am going home today to break the news to him that life is not that kind. Life is never kind, if he's not.


4 comments:

Wiz said...

You've been to good Mas, always too good to others. And I am sure you will be well rewarded, here and the hereafter k. Amin

serenerene said...

I'm with you, sista!

Time to knock some sense into his head, huh? :)

enidajohnson said...

I am with you, have always been and on this one... I am you!

All the ways, always.

Mimi said...

You must be tired...
*Hug*