Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sent.



Four nights ago, a young lady stopped me and asked me if i was me. As i said Yes i thought i saw her face lit up. She said when she first saw me she kinda already knew who i was but when she heard a Pocoyo calling out my name, that confirmed her thought. She knew she had to say Hi.


I searched her face and found no clues to where in my past she came from...until she started reminding me of it.


She talked of the place where we were, of the other people who shared that one year, and of how she had not gone back there ever. But above everything else...she didn't just talk about me, she quoted me.


As i walked away from there 20 minutes later, i realized what had put me there that night.


Something that i must have done right, some 12 years ago.

No comments: