Things I Tell My Students Never To Do Or Else...
1. Be late - I hate hate hate hate hate waiting.
- I hate to be interrupted while teaching.
- I hate to repeat things.
- I hate people who take MY time for granted.
2. Speak Foreign Languages i.e Malay, or Mandarin, or Tamil, or Spanish, in MY English class.
- You can never learn English, speaking Arabic.
- Unless they don't mind paying 50 cents each time they break this rule.
3. Not clean the board before I walk in.
- It's not my job.
4. Touch face, touch chairs, hold pens while answering my questions, or during presentations.
- It's distracting, they're not going anywhere, anyway.
5. Say "I don't know" when asked what's special about them.
- It's just sad
6. Be shy
- Nobody comes to class naked.
- It's a lousy excuse.
8. Spell my name wrong!
- Just don't.