Monday, January 7, 2008

Hidup Yang Terus


I
just had my first class of the semester this morning. I was so anxious i couldn't really sleep last night. I've missed teaching. Believe it or not, I've missed my routine of going in and out of classes. But the classes have started now. UKM is busy again. I have a routine again.

Last Friday i took an Emergency Leave though. My uncle passed away and i felt obliged to give my last respect, to at least drive Abah home to Sg. Siput. I'm glad i made that decision to leave work and be with the rest of Abah's family. It was a good excuse to go back.


I saw the whole process when my uncle dikafankan. I could never get used to it. I don't ever want to get used to seeing faces i used to know lying so life-less. They don't even look the same. I feel sorry Pak We didn't get to see Opah before he died. I feel sorry Opah lost a son. I feel sorry Abah lost his only big-brother. I feel sorry we had to go through it.

But cruel as it seems, life has to go on.

Hidup lah Pak We dalam ingatan, sebagaimana pun ingatan itu. Hidup lah semua yang tinggal, sebagaimana pun kehidupan itu.

May death be a reason to live. Al-Fatihah.


No comments: